Pascal for OS/2 and Win 32
Allan Mertner, Development Manager, Virtual Pascal for OS/2
Virtual Pascal is now freeware!
VP2.1 is now being offered as a freeware Pascal compiler. See the Virtual Pascal web site for further details.
VP/2 is a fully Borland Pascal and Borland Delphi compatible 32-bit Pascal compiler for OS/2 and Win 32 (with a Linux version on the way). It supports the Borland Pascal language as well as the Object Pascal extensions from Borland Delphi. It compiles most existing applications almost without any code changes, allowing you to port existing applications to the 32-bit world of OS/2 in an instant. It is remarkably easy to use, and generates very fast and compact 32-bit executable files that can fully exploit the powers of IBM's OS/2.
VP/2 Feature Highlights
Super-fast 32-bit Optimised Compiler
- 32-bit and fully Borland Pascal v7 compatible.
- 100% data type compatible with BP7 and Delphi.
- All Delphi object pascal language extensions included.
- Smartlinking 32-bit optimising compiler technology for the fastest possible speed and the smallest executables.
- Direct access to all OS/2 API functions, including 16 bit. No run-time DLLs or "thunk libraries" are required.
- Generates standard OMF-compliant .OBJ and .LIB files, as well as standard .ASM files that can be compiled with MASM or TASM.
High-quality Integrated environment and Debugger
- Integrated Development Environment very similar to Borland Pascal.
- Fully integrated symbolic debugger, with functionality similar to Borland's Turbo Debugger; also works as a stand-alone debugger.
- PM and text mode versions of the IDE included.
- Runs on any 32-bit OS/2 version, v2.0 and later.
- 14 different debugging views, including: Watch, Stack, Breakpoint, Log, Symbols, Units, Threads, Object Hierarchy, CPU, Dump, Registers, FPU and Exceptions Windows.
- 365 page printed VP/2 Language Reference Maual and Users Guide.
- Full access to the OS/2 API, including full online documentation both as .INF files and integrated in the IDE.
- Full context-sensitive online help system in the IDE.
Superior Toolkit Support
- Full Run-Time Library source code included for most units.
- Compatible with Borland Turbo Vision applications; source code upgrade included.
- Includes a PM library similar to Borland OWL.
- Compatibility upgrades for Turbo Power libraries, including Object Professional, B-Tree Filer and ASync Professional.
- Extensive high-quality maths library MATHPAK87 Lite, with functions to handle Complex numbers, matrices, FFT, regression, etc..
- VP/2 compatible version of TechnoJock's Turbo Toolkit included on the CD!
Heaps of Examples
- More than 80 examples included with full source code.
- All examples from The Art of OS/2 Warp Programming have been converted from C to Pascal and are included with source code.
- The examples cover PM programming, text-mode programming, full-screen graphics examples and use of the VP/2 compatible toolkits.
For further information, including information on downloading a demo version, and for ordering VP/2, check out the Virtual Pascal web page, or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.